Software Development Kit (SDK)
The SAP business one SDK is a tool- box that contains programming interfaces, sample code, documentation, and simple utilities. The kit allows programmers to smoothly interface external applications with SAP business oneor to add custom functionality. SAP business one consists of a graphical user interface and a separate business object layer. The SAP business one SDK provides full access to both the user interface layer and the business object layer.
The software development kit offers the following features:
- Provides programmatic access to SAP business one business logic through an object oriented layer
- Enables SAP partners and customers to extend and enhance the functionality of SAP business one to fit their unique needs
- Supports a wide range of programming languages and tools, enabling developers to use familiar technologies and applications
- Provides strong backward compatibility, so that little or no rework is required during upgrades to a new version of SAP business one.
- The following key components are part of the software development kit:
- Application program interface (Api) for the data interface- for integrating external applications with SAP business one
- Api for the user interface – for extending and customizing the SAP business one client applications
- Screen designer with drag-and-drop interface – for designing custom windows for SAP business one
- Java connector – for interfacing exter- nal applications with SAP business one using the Java programming language
- Complete documentation
- Sample applications